Cybersecurity Certification Course
Pinnacledu’s Cybersecurity Certification Course will help you in establishing a strong foundation towards your journey in the Cybersecurity domain. As part of this Cybersecurity course, you will be learning about the various fundamental concepts about Security essentials, Cryptography, Network Security, Application Security, Data & Endpoint Security, Cloud Security, Cyber Attacks and Identity & Access Management.
- Lectures 82
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 75246
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Learning Objective: In this module, you will learn about the essential building blocks and basic concepts around cyber security such as Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability, Authentication, Authorization, Vulnerability, Threat & Risk and so on. In addition to these concepts, you will also explore the core topics such as Security Governance, Audit, Compliance and Security Architecture.
Learning Objective: In this module you will learn, various forms of Cryptographic techniques, their pragmatic relevance & weaknesses. You will learn how cryptography, its components, methods and its usage are employed in the enterprise to store and transmit messages safely.
- Background of Cryptography
- Symmetric Cryptography
- Data Encryption Standard (DES)
- The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- International Data Encryption Algorithm (IDEA)
- Asymmetric Cryptography
- The Diffie-Hellman Algorithm
- Elliptic Curve Cryptosystems (ECC)
- Cryptographic Hash Functions
- Attacks against Encrypted Data
- Digital Certificates and its Format (X.509, X.500)
- Certificate Authority, Certificate Repository, Certificate Revocation lists
- Digital Certificate life cycle (Initialize, Issue, Cancel)
Computer Networks & Security
Learning Objective: In this module, you will glance over various aspects related to Computer Networks and in-parallel delve into understanding the weaknesses & concepts around securing the networks.
- Network architecture, protocols, and technologies: Layered architecture, Open Systems Interconnect (OSI) Model
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Hybrid TCP/IP Model
- Application Layer Protocols: HTTP, SNMP, DNS, POP, SMTP
- Transport layer protocols: Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP)
- Network/Internet layer protocols: Internet Protocol (IP) v4, IPv6, IPsec protocols
- Link layer protocols: Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) / Reverse ARP / Proxy ARP, Ethernet, VLAN
Learning Objective: In this module, you learn the importance of Application level security. You will glance over various known application weaknesses, techniques to attack them and various controls/ solutions to these vulnerabilities. You will also get an overview of Secure SDLC methodology.
Data & Endpoint Security
Learning Objective: In this module, you will glance over, various aspects related to data and endpoint (host) security. This being a primary need, is a very crucial topic.
IdAM (Identity & Access Management)
Learning Objective:In this module you will glance over, various aspects related to the principle of Identity & Access Management. This covers various intricacies around concepts of Authorization, Authentication, Identity & access management and its benefits to an enterprise.
Learning Objective: In this module you will glance over a vast topic of securing the cloud! You will first have an overview of types of cloud infrastructure and then delve into security concerns & potential solutions.
- Cloud Computing Architectural Framework
- Concerns & Best Practices
- Governance and Enterprise Risk Management
- Legal Issues: Contracts and Electronic Discovery
- Compliance and Audit Management
- Information Management and Data Security
- Interoperability and Portability
- Traditional Security, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery
- Data Centre Operations
- Incident Response
- Application Security
- Encryption and Key Management
- Identity, Entitlement, and Access Management
- Security as a Service
Phases of a Cyber Attack
Learning Objective: In this module, you will gain an overview of the techniques & controls involved during various phases of a cyber-attack.
- Phase 1 —Reconnaissance: Adversary identifies and selects a target
- Phase 2 —Weaponize: Adversary packages an exploit into a payload designed to execute on the targeted computer/network
- Phase 3 —Deliver: Adversary delivers the payload to the target system
- Phase 4 —Exploit: Adversary code is executed on the target system
- Phase 5 —Install: Adversary installs remote access software that provides a persistent presence within the targeted environment or system
- Phase 6 —Command and Control: Adversary employs remote access mechanisms to establish a command and control channel with the compromised device
- Phase 7 —Act on Objectives: Adversary pursues intended objectives e.g., data exfiltration, lateral movement to other targets
Security Processes in practice for Businesses
Learning Objective:In this module we will glance over a variety of such business processes - to appreciate the relation, applicability and practicability of various information/ cyber security and risk management concepts that may be put in place to help the business stay predictable, safer and within a controlled cyber risk profile thereby enabling it to continue chasing its set targets.