So what is AI ? Artificial Intelligence ? Is it some kind of fictional theory that will outsmart HUMAN ? Are machine/s going to rule the world tomorrow? Hey ! Pause. Aren’t we taking the Sci-Fi flicks way too seriously ?
They say Super AI will transcend human intelligence in another 30 years. For the first time ever, we’re building technology with the power to develop itself further — without any human guidance. Technology with the capacity to overthrow us. A hard hitting reality. Whether AI is a boon or bane, is a never ending debate. Its promising, extremely challenging with immense potential to flourish & change the way of life & beyond of the planet earth. It will impact every possible industry you name. Yes it’s a magical future we are envisioning with the advent of such AI . The progress is inevitable.
In couple of decades Robots will be capable of performing all physical tasks a human can and will replace labour. And then goods & services will be much cheaper. YES machines can be engineered to perform jobs . AI isn’t a young technology. It existed ever since 1950’s. Its presence today is only possible because of super computational power we have today to support its development & implementation.
What is this AI BUG ?
When we say machines will outperform human, How ? Who will train these machine/s in the first place ? None other than an AI Engineer will do this. But how are machines going to adapt ? For sure there is a lot of machine learning & deep learning taking place.
Let us walk you through the whole gamut of AI. Mandatory qualification, Skills & Expertise one must have to be a successful AI and the associated career prospects.
AI like chips will transform everything it touches. Its developing faster than you think & will challenge human existence at some point. As per a recent report, the global Machine Learning market is expected to grow to $39.98 billion by 2025, attaining a CAGR of 44.1%. AI can increase business productivity by 40%.That’s phenomenal.
There is a growing need for trained machine learning engineers today. All the major Economies of the world are heavily investing in this new power game of AI Era. Can you believe by 2020 one third of web browsing and searches will be done without a screen.
AI(Narrow), AI(General) & AI(Super) refers to 3 major stages of transformation in AI. Narrow AI can typically perform one specific task without any human assistance. General AI is expected to be multitasking, while AI(Super) will ultimately outperform a HUMAN BRAIN. That’s precisely the scope of AI. Highly challenging & a game changer for the humanity.
What Are the Educational Requirements for AI ?
Hiring managers would likely expect you holding at least a Bachelor Degree either in Mathematics or a Computer Technology. Good enough to kick start AI career with entry level positions.
- Bayesian networking (including neural nets)
- Computer science (gain coding experience with popular programming languages)
- Cognitive science theory
- Various level of math (algebra, calculus, logic and algorithms, probability, and statistics,Optimization Methods)
Skills required for a successful AI Developer
However AI PRO’s share few common characteristics that help them wade through their career successfully. Working with AI requires an
- Analytical thought process and the ability to solve problems with cost-effective, efficient solutions to allow businesses to remain competitive.
- Technical skills to design, maintain and repair technology and software programs.
- Proficient in translating highly technical information in a much simpler and understandable manner i.o.t to carry out their jobs.
- Good communication and the ability to team work.
Al works on infinite volumes of real-time DATA with super fast, iterative processing and Intelligent Algorithms. Already 77% of the devices we use feature one form of AI or another, but only 33% of consumers are aware that they are using AI in their day to day existence.Google analysts believe that next year, 2020, robots will be smart enough to mimic complex human behaviour like jokes and flirting. Therefore Mathematics , Data Analytics & Programming skills forms the backbone of AI programs.
Engineers specializing in machine learning continue to command a premium salary over standard software engineers. AI Engineers typically build, test, and deploy AI Models. AI Engineering can be broadly categorised as
- Machine Learning,
- Deep learning,
- NLP(Natural language processing)
- Neural networks,
- Programming Skills like Python, @R , Scala
- Cloud Application
The ability to crunch data to derive useful insights and patterns form the foundation of ML. These are nothing but smart ways to implement mathematical formulas. But all practical aspects of ML and AI involve writing code. Therefore Programming skills like @R, Python, Scala and cloud applications is a must have. Python is most widely used coding language as its has a very elegant & math like syntax libraries. One of the finest & trusted source for Machine learning with Python & R certification I will recommend here is from http://pinnacledu.com
Top 5 Career Opportunities in Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning (Engineer) are highly sought after engineers responsible for building and managing platforms for machine learning projects.
- Data Scientist help with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting huge, complex datasets by leveraging machine learning and predictive analytics. They develop the toughest algorithms. They need to be comfortable with big data platform tools like Hive,Hadoop,MapReduce,Spark and statistical computing languages like Perl, Python, Scala & SQL .
- Business Intelligence Developer- Their primary objective is to analyze complex data sets to identify business and market trends .
- Research Scientist – These are experts in multiple AI disciplines, including applied mathematics, machine learning, deep learning, and computational statistics. They must possess extensive knowledge in computer perception, graphical models, reinforcement learning and NLP.
- Big Data – Engineer/Architect – Big data engineers and architects have among the best paying jobs in artificial intelligence. They play a vital role in planning, designing, and developing the big data environment on Hadoop and Spark systems. Must have extensive exp in C++, Java, Python, and Scala, in-depth knowledge in data mining, data visualization, and data migration.
Machine Learning is set to spearhead the fourth industrial revolution and if you’re looking to build a career in this domain, you’ve made the right choice. Build your skills with unmatched training from http://pinnacledu.com . Learn the essentials , mould your skills and you are all set to hit the ‘Hotpan’ AI , Artificial Intelligence.